Sunday, July 17, 2011

Culinary Fashion

I've gotten some new kitchen fashion items. Luckily I work in a kitchen where the uniform code is not strict.

One is this cute pair of nonskid comfy sneakers. Here they are a little dirty from work. I try and clean them regularly to keep the toes bright and white. The plaid helps hide stains. They are a nice addition to my culinary closet.

I have several hats that I wear often. I wish someone would invent a hat that prevented hat head. There should also be one that holds a removable (and replaceable) gel pack underneath that can be chilled in the cooler. I bet that would assist greatly in staying cool in the kitchen.

It's hard being comfortable, utilitarian, unique and fashionable in the kitchen, but I try. It gets harder as I get older too. Sometimes I'm sure I look like a wannabe youthful cutie pasted atop an old hag, but this is the price for being devoted to the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment