Saturday, October 3, 2009

What's the best Atlanta pizza?

originally posted September 6, 2009

I saw my old post on which is better Grant Central or Grant Central East. Since making that post, numerous new pizza places have opened. All with really good pizza.

Max’s downtown has coal oven pizza and it’s good! The $1 gelato cones are Dalliscious too!

Stella on Memorial has really yummy whole wheat crust and excellent pepperoni. (Their sister, Osteria, in VA Highlands is good too, but it’s not the same whole wheat crust.)

I found Varasano’s on Peachtree (yeah, I know I’m writing about Buckhead, not really iITP, INTOWN inside the perimeter, but I had to try it after hearing about the owner, an international rubix cube champ, breaking numerous home ovens attempting to perfect his crust recipe) to be a good contender for Fritti. However, I’m giving Fritti the upper crust-- nice pizza pun. The toppings are better. Plus, their pizza guy is really from Italy and serves limoncello to guests without understanding English.

1 comment: