Monday, January 11, 2010

Knife Skills Day Three

Today there was little lecture and demonstration. There is a large banquet tonight so our class was predominately working to prep items for that dinner. Big guests are expected, the American Culinary Federation, here for its monthly meeting. I am excited to see the food for it; I heard there's a lobster mac 'n cheese. Sounds Dalliscious! There's also an oyster raw bar. I sure hope I won't be the one shucking all those oysters.

I did get a shout out from the teacher on my uniform knife cuts. I guess the weekend practice paid off some. The potato-leek soup I made from my scraps sure were Dalliscious. I believe the cream helped. Bwoop!

Today I was assigned the role of Sanitation Director. This means I assign members of the class for various clean-up activities. It was fairly straightforward since I was provided a list of tasks that need to be completed. Thanks go to each classmate for a successfully completed cleaning. Each person accepted responsibility and tackled assigned tasks without moaning or making faces. I think everyone just wanted to get through cleanup as quickly as possible.

Still cut free.... (I do have a minor nick, but hardly anything worth mentioning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment